Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An idea

Quite often I'm struck with what I believe is inspiration and others believe to be day dreams...childish ones at that.
But that's all semantics.
The truth is they are persistent and if I don't write them down or finish the concept then it nags at me.
One such idea came right after I saw the first Transformers movie.
In the movie, a group of alien highly sophisticated and powerful machines come to Earth and try to blend in by transforming into vehicles. They scan the vehicle and then alter their form to be able to turn into those vehicles. Not a bad concept, but it does have something wrong with it.
The problem I have with this is that the only vehicles they seemed to find were all products of GMC.
Now, grant you, the movie was partially financed by GMC and so they showcased their line of vehicles.
But upon reading the original script, Bumblebee didn't scan a passing Camaro, he downloaded the specs of it after hacking the GMC database.
SO if you were a shapeshifting robot from another world and you came to Earth and could download and change into ANY vehicle that you had the specs to...even if today's earthly technology couldn't make it, as long as you the robot could make it work with your advanced technology...why would you stick to only GMC products?
I went a step farther. Some would say too far.
I made a list of every Autobot in the old cartoon and in comics and then I went through and made a table that would show what they look like in robot form, their original form, if they were in the movies their movie form, and then I showed what I think would be an upgraded form.
I even made them into groups so that some could combine into a larger robot or vehicle.
I also made them part of teams to be spread across the Earth to help humanity maintain law.
In any case, I have finished all of the Autobots and would very much like your opinion of them.
There's a lot so you will be doing a lot of scrolling but hang in there!
Just go to: http://www.tek-tutor.com/downloads/autobots.pdf
Just be sure to leave a comment on here or on Facebook about what you think!
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment