Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's Interesting...

 A little while back I posted a blog about how Facebook is always UP and peoples statuses rarely mention anything DOWN.
Almost like they are afraid people won't be their friend anymore if they were to post negative things.
The problem with that, as I've said before, is that we, the friends, can't offer help, advice, money, clothes, or anything else if we don't know that it's needed.
In my blog I mentioned that since I don't have a job, that I'm available to help out as long as I'm not doing anything else (which I rarely am).
Since I posted that I haven't been contacted by anyone outside of my sister-in-law.
It's not that I expect people to swarm me with requests for help, but I do read peoples statuses and I do see the need and I've even offered a couple of times.
To no avail.
Until today.
I was in the Library at California Baptist University and had already applied at a couple of jobs when I was contacted by a friend who asked if it would be okay for me to watch her daughter while she went to a meeting real quick.
I said no problem.
Strange thing is she then apologized for the sudden request and she kept apologizing when she found out the meeting was going to be longer than expected.
She continued the apologies even after the meeting when she came to get her little girl.
I tried to make sure she knew it was no problem, but she still felt she needed to apologize.
I don't mean to put her on the spot, which is why I'm not mentioning her name, but why did she need to apologize?
She asked, I said yes, I said no problem.
Why is it that we as a people are so loathe to ask for help and then when we do, we apologize for doing so?
Especially if you are a member of the family of God, there should be NO reason to apologize for seeking out a friends help.
I meant it when I said I will help whenever I can. Tomorrow I'm babysitting my neice and nephew in the afternoon, and, providing I still don't have a job or interview, I'll be babysitting them all day on Tuesday.
No problem.
Folks, I'm here to help.
If that means I babysit, so be it..
If you need help around the house, let me know and I'll be there.
Housework, yardwork, babysitting, going shopping for you (though that would entail using your money as I have none), or maybe your car is broken down and you need to get somewhere...I'm available.
If you are too far away, do you need to just talk or vent or need someone to pray with or for you, you can get a hold of me on Facebook, email, or phone.
Granted I may be already booked or busy when you need me, but that doesn't mean that you should stop asking.
If I can't help out the first time you need me, please don't hesitate to ask for me the next time.
Facebook is meant to help bring people together and I'm using it for that purpose.
I'm your friend.
Let me be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment